Tuesday, September 1, 2009

R.I.P. Fadda Steely


Today we lost a legend in Jamaican music and music in general. Today we give thanks for the life of Wycliffe "Steely" Johnson who passed away from pneumonia this morning in NY. I don't have enough words to describe his impact on the music that I love so much especially since I am still learning so much from and about him. So instead of trying to come up with fancy words to eulogize the man I knew soley threw his music, I share with you this clip. This is an interview from 2005 with Red Bull Music Academy. For an hour and a half Steely and his partner Cleveland "Clevie" Browne explain their hands on impact on the development and nurturing of Dancehall music by answering series of questions. It is an extremely informative interview. His contributions will not be forgotten, peace.



READ TRIBUTES FROM SEAN PAUL, STEELIE BASHMENT SOUND & BOUNTY KILLER

No comments: